Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer. Each year there are more new cases of skin cancer than all other cancers of the breast, prostate, lung, and colon combined, with 1 in 5 Americans developing skin cancer in the course of a lifetime. Some risk factors for skin cancer include a lighter natural skin color, a family history of skin cancer, a history of indoor tanning, a history of sunburns (especially early in life), and skin which burns, freckles, or reddens easily.
Beginning in April and going through June, Dr. Schuyler Metlis will be hosting free skin cancer screenings. To find out when and where Dr. Metlis will be providing screenings, consult our list below:
- Hannibal: April 11th – 9:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Call 573-629-3500 to make your appointment
- Shelbina: May 3rd – 1:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- Call 573-588-4131 to make your appointment
- Monroe City: May 3rd – 9:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Call 573-735-2506 to make your appointment
- Bowling Green: May 17th – 9:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Call 573-324-2241 to make your appointment
- Louisiana: May 17th – 1:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- Call 573-754-5555 to make your appointment
- Canton: June 7th – 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- Call 573-288-5360 to make your appointment